Strictly Come Blogging

Louise. Lou. Loulabelle. Loulabelle44. Louby. loulabelle44@outlook.com.
Proudly blogging about Strictly Come Dancing ALL YEAR ROUND since 2006. Always spoiler-free.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Sunday Service: Week 10

Week 10. Definitely the business end of the competition, where comments and marks matter more than ever.

Joe & Katya's quickstep was so good. It was light and speedy. The choreography was amazing, especially when they went back-to-back and belly-to-belly. Great timing through. I loved it.

Alexandra & Gorka's rumba was pleasant enough. It was much neater than some of Alexandra's other Latin dances have been. I thought their chemistry was OK. There was a connection between them in my opinion. I did agree with the judges about Alexandra's need to stretch out further, and go on forever with the movements. Not a showstopper, but decent.

I actually really enjoyed the concept of Gemma & Aljaž's samba. I actually thought it was a great way to introduce a theme to a dance without it becoming a distraction from the core dance. It seems the judges didn't agree. I thought Gemma's technique was good. She really sold it, and looked as though she really enjoyed it. Her hands were odd on the promenade runs, but I don't think it was as bad as the judges made out.

Mollie was better this week than she has been in recent times, but her quickstep with AJ left me a bit cold. The choreography just didn't move me. It was a but dull compared to Joe & Katya's. It was clean for the most part, but there were a couple of off moments.

Davood & Nadiya's waltz was a bit frantic for me. It lacked light and shade. The choreography was too busy. Davood seemed to dip his shoulder on some of the pivots which looked a bit weird. I can't help but wonder how Davood would be with a different partner. Can you imagine him with Natalie? Davood danced the routine well, of course. There is definitely something very charming about the way Davood dances.

If anyone was going to nail an Argentine tango, it was going to be Debbie. She and Giovanni did a phenomenal job. Those legs! Intricate and intimate. Just amazing.

Susan & Kevin's American smooth was cute. She needs more strength in her upper body. She lacks poise and frame, which she should have nailed by now. However, her performance was much more glamorous than I expected. She is still entertaining, and this routine showed her versatility in performance terms.

The paso doble-athon felt more like a real competition situation than any "-anthon" since the group Viennese waltz in Series 1! It was great to see the couples all on the floor at once. I just wish they could red button an option of a balcony-cam, so you can choose who to watch, rather than seeing what the camera shows.

My favourites this week were Joe, Debbie and Gemma. I fear for Gemma however. Aston had a bad week, and look what happened! If the public votes with the judges, it could be the end for her. Personally, I think it's time for Susan to go. I wouldn't be sad to see Mollie go either. I thought she was overmarked last night. I guess we'll find out in a couple of hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home